March 8th // 2009

Wool Felt // Swatch Cards

I'm so excited to mention the arrival of Wool Felt to my Etsy shop! This is the same Wool Felt that I use to embellish my Cloche Hats + create my Rosette Fascinator Headbands with.

Wool Felt is one of the most wonderful fabrics to craft with. The colors are vibrant and the quality is unbelievable. It is soft, yet durable, and can be used to make just about anything from heirloom dolls to hair pieces to penny rugs. Wool Felt is not at all like craft felt, which is usually acrylic or polyester, therefore it will not pill, shed, or stretch out of shape. You can also wash + dry Wool Felt if you want a bubbly + soft boiled wool look, and if you change your mind, you can just iron it out.

Wool Felt is a composition of wool and rayon, which breaks down to 20% Wool/80% Rayon or 35% Wool/65% Rayon, and is made in an eco-friendly facility in the United States. The squares, rectangles really, are 9 X 12 inches and are available in an assortment of 45 delicious colors, at $10 per dozen.

I sewed little swatches of the entire Wool Felt collection to tiny manilla tags to create a nice + neat chart. Aren't the colors yummy?

Wool Felt // Swatch Cards

Cranberry.Ruby.Rhubarb.Peony.Rose.Raspberry.Fig.Eggplant.Violet

Iris.Blueberry.Lilac.Sky.Sea.Pacific.Peacock.Cobalt.Storm

Spruce.Evergreen.Emerald.Aloe.Atlantic.Mint.Chartreuse.Peridot.Moss

Marigold.Butter.Vanilla.Mustard.Ochre.Copper.Ember.Tangerine.Pumpkin

Cocoa.Sand.Magnolia.Dove.Marble.Smoke.Charcoal.Seal.Ebony

•••

Hop on over to my Etsy shop for your very own stack of Wool Felt to create something truly wonderful with!

3 comments:

Breezy said...

this stuff sounds great! i make a lot of my things out of felt, but it is the icky acrylic kind. it's about time for me to be upping the quality of my stuff....

Anonymous said...

you have such an amazing ability to arrange things in the most pleasing manner. i love how lovely and organized your photos make me feel - they're so soothing to gaze at!

bitty bird said...

There is an exhibit in NY called Fashioning Felt that you would love. http://www.interiordesign.net/article/ca6642562.html
I wish I still lived there, we could go together.